CALL NOW - (786) 650-0202

News & Blog

What to do if your boss doesn’t pay you?

News & Blog

Person working on the background.

Every worker in Miami is entitled to fair and correct pay in pursuant to Florida law and it is this very same law that obligates every employer in Miami to ensure that adequate legal pay is maintained.

Unfortunately, employers in Miami are cheating their employees out of wages and overtime pay. Sadly, these employers are not playing by the rules. Nonetheless, Floridians are covered from such misconduct under the Fair Labor Standards Act and the state’s minimum wage law, where it states that an employee can recover their unpaid wages and liquidated damages. This is why it’s always important to consult with a Miami wage and overtime employment attorney.

Legal procedures available to regain lost wages may seem intimidating. However, our team of attorneys hav been able to recover thousands of dollars for employees in Miami by fighting employers in court.

In order to win these case the plaintiff must provide their employer with a notice of their intention to sue consisting of at least fifteen calendar days. It is within this time frame that the employer can decide to settle or not. If they choose the latter, the plaintiff can either file an official complaint with the Department of Labor or initiate a formal lawsuit. The plaintiff has two years to file suit from the time in which they found out about their unethical pay, but in cases where the employer intentionally violated the Fair Labor Standards Act, it could be extended to three years.

PereGonza the Attorneys can answer all your questions regarding employment and help bring you peace of mind. If you win your case the court may not only your unearned wages, but the court may also award attorney’s fees. In other words, in employment-based cases we do not charge the Client a fee unless we recover compensation for the Client.

Unpaid wages and overtime is a serious matter and if you feel you’ve been a victim of wage theft or treated unjustly speak to an attorney as soon as possible. In the event that your boss is not paying your wages and overtime because you expressed a concern, then this might be a case of workforce retaliation. If you believe it to be, or just want more information on workforce retaliation, click here.

PereGonza The Attorneys can offer a free consultation and give you insight on what the best course of action for your specific case may be. Fill out our personal intake form for more information.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.